Sunday, December 16, 2007

Responsibility to Symmetry



I was in Jon's class the other day for our final critique. This gentleman was up to bat. He demoed a Python program he had written for real time video manipulation. What was interesting about it was, that during the demo he played a sound file in the background. At each kick in the audio, he would alter the image.
I know alot of that has to do with traditions of VJing, but at the same time it made me wonder (probably because he described the program to be a video game) if there was a responsibility to symmetry in interactions normally.
Ofcourse this could be the result of watching too much Fischinger, but maybe not.
I was also playing with Leversgame.com, by Vectorpark yesterday and I noticed the same thing.

This may be only because the fiction of the game and the stigma of scales, but they do have that stigma for a reason.
I haven't found any info on it yet. Who knows.