Thursday, December 06, 2007

LOOk the Movie and Soft Cinema

Look Trailer

I just have watched the trailer for this movie Look. I don't know if it was actually shot with surveillance cameras, I think that the quality would be alot worse, and the issue of having all of those cameras with mics..
But it seems like a good idea to me, though the trailer dosn't make me want to go see the movie really.

When I first got a copy of Lev Manovich's Soft Cinema, this is what ran through my head. I was thinking though that the scripts and screen plays would be computer generated and that a room full of computers would just data mine all of the footage. That would be cool, anyone could star in a movie and not even know. It would be a great surprise to go to a theater one day and see that you've become a star!